Are you feeling down during a time of personal change? Check out our top 20 motivational, HOPE, and positivity quotes. It’s alright to be afraid and feel hopeless during difficult times. But you are a miracle maker. You have the power within you to overcome incredible difficulties. You will RISE UP and shine.Continue reading
Tag Archives: motivational quotes
Seize the day! Carpe Diem!
As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم), health and wellness friends!
Today “Seize the day” comes to mind, or Carpe Diem. Just what does that mean and how does one do it? Well, it’s another beautiful day here on the Monterey Bay. Blue skies, puffy, white clouds, bright, warm sun. We are grateful for the fresh, clean ocean air. It’s the perfect time to “seize the day!”
People are going holiday shopping, hiking in the mountains, getting haircuts, cooking food, cleaning house, doing laundry, going to church, watching television, filling out Christmas cards, attending a business meeting, posting comments on Facebook, washing the car, exercising at the gym, flying in an airplane, meditating, and paying bills. So who is seizing the day and who isn’t? Not easily determined by outer appearances. It is all about listening to ourselves, and not about listening to what is “right” or “wrong” according to some other authority.
Here at the Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance we determined to be seizing the day and accomplishing our goals. But first we have to set goals. Sometimes it’s not easy. It takes continued focus, vision, and discipline, and often rewriting goals or making new ones. So what does it mean to seize the day and how do we accomplish it? Here is what a few people have to say about it.
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
― Helen Keller, The Open Door
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
“Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that’s the stuff life is made of.”
― Benjamin Franklin
“Enjoy life. There’s plenty of time to be dead.”
― Hans Christian Andersen
“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.”
― Emily Dickinson
“Every man dies. Not every man really lives.”
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.”
“As you grow older, you’ll find the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do.”
“Spend the afternoon. You can’t take it with you.”
“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today. ”
So it seems from Helen, Eleanor, Ben, Hans, Emily, Braveheart and the others that “seizing the day” is about spending one’s time wisely and taking immediate action, and one other important quality…enjoyment. But what gets in the way of us taking immediate action and choosing joy? Sometimes plenty! It seems the mind plays tricks on us and gets us to do other things rather than focusing on our primary goal…our vision…our dream…our joy. If we don’t keep focused on our dream, then we never reach it.
Today I saw a video about a vet who lost 140 pounds doing yoga. He had been been a paratrooper and had injured his spine and knees multiple times. He was told by many doctors that he would would never walk normally again and that all physical therapy programs would fail. He succeeded through perseverance and disciplined effort and using a coach to inspire and motivate him. Now gone are the days of the past when he would spend hours sitting on the couch watching television. That changed the moment he made a conscious decision to seize the day! It wasn’t easy. In the beginning, he fell down, over and over again. But he got back up, because a friend offered a helping hand. He cast aside his two canes and leg braces and is now exercising regularly. He is enjoying the day, living his life to the fullest, healthy and physically fit.
The truth is that sometimes we need a little help from our friends: Acupuncturists, nutritionists, holistic health counselors, fitness coaches, Tai Chi instructors, yoga instructors, authors, psychic healers, hypnotherapists, channelers, Reiki Masters, aromatherapists, naturopaths, health practitioners, etc. Here at the Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance, we are your health and wellness friends and offer a helping hand when needed, providing access to people, events, resources and services that you are seeking.
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
Thank you, Robert Brault. Carpe Diem! So how will YOU seize the day today? Enjoy our gift to you, this downloadable poster creation from the MBHA.
~Best wishes from your friends at Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance.
Life: It’s a Gift! – 25 Motivational Quotes
What makes some more motivated than others? Why do some succeed where others fail? How can we keep working toward our goals when all odds are against us?
Life is a gift, but let’s face it. Sometimes it can be tough and we need a little motivation to achieve our goals or just simply make it through a tough day. Here are our top 25 motivational quotes to inspire and uplift you:
- Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s when you’ve had everything to do, and you’ve done it. -Margaret Thatcher, Former British Prime Minister
- Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want. -Dan Stanford
- Anyone can do something when they WANT to do it. Really successful people do things when they don’t want to do it.-Dr. Phil
- There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.-Dr. Denis Waitley
- A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. -Nolan Bushnell, Founder of Atari Computer
- The best way to predict the future is to create it. -Unknown
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. -George Carlin
- Fear is the result of a lack of confidence. A lack of confidence is the result of not knowing what you can do. A lack of knowing what you can do is caused by a lack of experience. A lack of experience is caused by a lack of doing something new. -Dale Carnegie
- Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them. -Henry David Thoreau
- Inspiration and genius–one and the same. -Victor Hugo
- To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: “Leave no stone unturned.” -Edward Bulwer Lytton
- Try to be happy in this present moment, and put not off being so to a time to come,—as though that time should be of another make from this which has already come and is ours. –Thomas Fuller
- Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness. -George Santayana
- Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent. -Carl Sandburg
- I get knocked down. But I get up again. You’re never going to keep me down. -Chumbawamba
- Character is the result of two things: mental attitude and the way we spend our time. –Elbert Green Hubbard
- When it’s time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived. -Henry David Thoreau
- Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose– a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.” – Mary Shelley
- There is no such thing as failure. There are only results. –Tony Robbins
- To different minds, the same world is a hell, and a heaven. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It’s great to be great, but its greater to be human. –Will Rogers
- Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -Albert Einstein
- First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win. -Mahatma Gandhi
This article is written by Jean Voice Dart, M.S. Special Education from Illinois State University. Jean is a published author and has written hundreds of health articles as well as hosting a local television program, “Making Miracles Happen.” She is a Registered Music Therapist, Sound Therapist, and Master Level Energetic Teacher, and is the Executive Director, founder and Health and Wellness Educator of the Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance. The Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance is a registered 501 (c) 3 nonprofit health and wellness education organization. For more information about the Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance contact us or visit our website at www.montereybayholistic.com.
Disclaimer: The Monterey Bay Holistic Alliance is a charitable, independent registered nonprofit 501(c)3 organization and does not endorse any particular products or practices. We exist as an educational organization dedicated to providing free access to health education resources, products and services. Claims and statements herein are for informational purposes only and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The statements about organizations, practitioners, methods of treatment, and products listed on this website are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is intended for educational purposes only. The MBHA strongly recommends that you seek out your trusted medical doctor or practitioner for diagnosis and treatment of any existing health condition.